We are all looking for an escape. We all are looking for relief from this wretched world we live in. We want to escape the feelings of anxiety, depression, and even the thoughts that taunt us day in and day out (Ephesians 6:12).
Christian music has always been a get away for me. Sometimes it seems as if it takes me to another world. The lyrics inspire me that life is still worth the living; God is with me through it all, the good times and the bad times (Romans 8:28).
Today, I thought I would share seven songs that have and do give me hope on the rough days. I hope these songs give you hope to continue on this journey we call life (Psalm 25:5).
1.”I’m Still Here” by Mandisa. I think if I had a theme song, it would be this one! This song speaks to the people who are or who have ever dealt with the depths of depression, anxiety, or who have ever wanted to end their lives. This song speaks of freedom and how God still has a plan for our lives (Psalm 86:36).
2. “Haven’t Seen it Yet” by Danny Gokey. This is probably one of my top songs I listen to. It is filled with so much encouragement and hope (Hebrews 12:1-3).
3. “Wanted” by Danny Gokey. This is one I have found just recently. As soon as I heard it, I knew it was such a great song (Psalm 17:1).
4. “Mine” by Hollyn. This is another one I have added to my “playlist” recently and I really like this song. It speaks of how we are God’s and how He will never let us go (Isaiah 43:1).
5. “I Will Fear No More” by the Afters. This song is a song of truth. It speaks of how we should not fear because God is our peace and comfort (Psalm 3:5-6).
These last two have been out for a little while but are still great songs to listen to.
6. “He Knows my Name” by Francesca Battistellli. This song is great for those who might feel alone or lost in this world. This song speaks of how God knows our names and wants us to find peace and joy in Him (2 Timothy 2:19).
7. “Meant to Be” by Steven Curtis Chapman. This song is one that I first heard on VeggieTales! It is one that is meaningful and tells us how important we are in the grand scheme of life (Ephesians 2:10).
Those are all the songs I can think of for now. If you would like to share some of your favorite songs, comment below! I would love to hear and listen to the songs that have given you hope.
Remember, you are never alone in your battles. We have an almighty God, Creator of the ends of the earth, Creator of time itself fighting for us! He is our Guide and mighty Warrior (Exodus 15:3 and Isaiah 40:28-31).