This week I thought I would do something a little bit more fun(at least on my part). Today I’m going to share five Christian girl must-haves. These items have helped my walk with God or just have made it a little bit more fun and enjoyable!
1. Your Bible! This may seem obvious, but it is absolutely essential to the Christian girl walk. This is where we get our hope, courage, peace, strength, and so much more!
2. Highlighters! Highlighters help me to remember Bible verses. It is also fun to go back a few months or a year later to see which verses I liked.
3. A Journaling Bible. This is a Bible specifically designed for journaling, such as drawing or taking notes. I have two I like to use. I have one Bible, The Promises of God Creative Journaling Bible, for drawing and coloring. My other Bible that I use, Journal the World Bible, is for taking notes and highlighting. I also use the NIV version. I find this very relaxing, enjoyable,and it helps me to remember scripture. I highly recommend it.
4. Christian music. I have mentioned this a lot already in my blogs, but music is a big part of my life. I truly believe God has put certain songs in my life for a reason. Music gets me going and puts me to sleep at night. It puts good thoughts in my mind, instead of listening to the lies Satan tries to tell me.
5. A Christian girl magazine. I get one once a month from Focus on the Family named Brio. It is something fun to look forward to. However, I wouldn’t recommend this magazine if you are over 16. Magazines like this are just another way to strengthen your faith and focus your thoughts on the Lord.
I hope you enjoy using these items as much as I do. If you don’t already, I highly recommend you do so. The Lord has definitely used some of the items to make a difference in my life. They helped me memorize scripture, put me in a good mood, (and hopefully) magnify God in every way (Psalm 40:16).