Hey friends! Welcome to another blog. Around this time of the year, we hear and see this phrase a lot, “Back to School.” I was thinking this week, what if we saw signs and commercials saying,”Back to Jesus?” Unfortunately, I don’t think we will ever see signs like that, but perhaps we could portray the attitude of “Back to Jesus.” Here are some tips on how to get “Back to Jesus” this school year.
1. Get connected. Join a church or small group if you are not a part of one. Meet some new Christian friends and start serving together. Also, make it a habit to go to church or that certain small group (Psalm 73:28).
2. Read your Bible! I can not stress this one enough. It is so important that you read your Bible every day. If you have trouble with finding time in your day, I wrote another blog on this. Just check out, “How to have Mary’s attitude in a Martha World”. When you read your Bible, it tells you how much God loves you, how Christians should act, and so much more! It will even give you a picture of what God is like (Romans 8:38-39).
3. Be polite. If you are a bit confused on this one, it’s okay! If you are polite at school to your friends and teachers, they will notice. If your teachers and friends are not Christians, they will notice there is something different about you (1 Peter 2:17a).
Now I want to give a few tips for the homeschoolers. These tips can also apply to the public school kids too.
1. Read your Bible every day before you start school. Create a long or short quiet time with God (Psalm 46:10).
2. Set an example for your siblings. Remember, if you are one of the oldest, your younger siblings are watching you. If your mom asks you to do something, do it happily. Offer to make lunch or help clean your sibling’s bedroom. Be a good example (1 Timothy 4:12)!
3. In all your activities and school work, remember it’s all for Him! Everything we do is for His glory and not our own (1 Peter 4:11).
Thank you for stopping by for another blog. I hope this has given you something to consider and think about. If you have any tips on how to get “Back to Jesus” let me know down in the comments. I would love to hear them. Hopefully they will encourage someone else too (Philippians 2:9-11).