This past week I was reminded of this verse, “Sing the praises of the LORD, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what He has done” Psalm 9:11 (NIV). This encouraged and made me want to write a blog listing all the things the Lord had done for me (or at least a few). I hope this will encourage you and make you want to examine your own life to see what the Lord has done for you.
1. He has forgiven me. This is a phrase that almost always makes me smile. It always gives me a sense of peace. It always reminds me that I can have peace with God in knowing I am forgiven; I am no longer accountable for all the horrible and disgusting things I have done (Hebrews 8:12).
2. He has taught me lessons the world can not teach. He has taught me how to love and forgive others. He has taught and is teaching me how to let Him take control. He has taught me how good He is and that He will never let me down; the list could go on and on (Isaiah 48:17).
3. He has been faithful to me. When I have turned my back on Him, or when I simply didn’t see Him in my life, He was working behind the scenes to make my life work out just right. None of it was coincidence; it was all Him (2 Timothy 2:11-13).
4. He has prepared me. I’ve realized in my life that God always prepares and gets you ready for your next stage of life. If you are going through something hard right now, perhaps He’s preparing you for something in the future (Philippians 2:13).
5. He has made me forget the fear of judgement of what others think or might say about me. I live for an audience of one. I live for the approval of God, not man. The only thing that matters is what my heart and relationship with Jesus looks like (1 Samuel 16:7).
Thank you guys so much for taking the time today to read this and perhaps apply it to your own life. I pray that in seeing what God has done for me, you can be encouraged that God can do the same for you (1 Peter 1:3-5).
0 comments on “What the Lord has Done for Me”