I did theater for the first time this past semester. I have to say though, the thought to join this particular theater group (MoezArt) was planted about three years ago. My friend who was already in this theater group, dropped a hint every once in a while that I should join. My reply was always some lame excuse such as I was afraid to perform in front of others or “Tech week” would stress me out (Tech week is when they spend almost a whole week preparing for the shows).
About two years later my mom announced she would be putting me in MoezArt (the theater group) in the coming spring semester. I can’t really explain the feeling I had, other than fear.
Fast forward some more, and my mom said to me, “The more I think about it, the more I feel this wouldn’t be right for you.” My mom continued on to say I should pray about it and she was ultimately going to let it be between God and me whether I joined MoezArt or not.
One day, I felt God was telling me to join MoezArt. I immediately tried to ignore the feeling or come up with an excuse not to do it. The more I ignored the feeling, the worse it got. It finally got down to the point where I was so afraid I was in tears. I couldn’t ignore it anymore. I knew what God wanted me to do. And so, I joined MoezArt.
Going into this I was:
3. Extremely nervous (to the point where I woke up shaking the first day of class!)
4. Excited to see why God was leading me here
Looking back now, I can totally see why God lead me there. I can also see how it has benefited my life. I’m excited to finish my story with you in another blog….but this is what I want you to get out of this blog:
1. God is always good. (Psalm 13:6)
2. God will never let you down. (Deuteronomy 32:4)
3. Don’t be afraid of God’s plan for your life. (Isaiah 41:10)
4. Where God guides, He provides. (Matthew 6:8)
5. Be prepared to be amazed at how God works. (Psalm 47:2 & Deuteronomy 10:17)