The clock ticked and I again sat in agony over what I had just done.
I wanted so badly to be free and to stop doing this unthinkable thing; but it was my numb, my secret love.
Today, in this part two titled “Habitual Sin,” I want you to know you aren’t alone in whatever you are facing. I used to think, “No one in the whole world probably faces what I do!”
Once I exposed my sin, I discovered that someone close to me had struggled with the same thing (Ephesians 5:8-13)! That is one lie Satan tries to tell us is that we are alone. When in reality, we are never alone (Joshua 1:5)!
If you are struggling with a certain sin, that you know is a numb or not pleasing to the Lord, and you keep giving into it, please know this:
1. There is Redemption through Jesus (Colossians 1:13-14)
2. God can use it to show His infinite mercy, forgiveness, and love (2 Corinthians 12:10)
3. He can use it to tell His story through you (Romans 8)
Now that I have shared truth, I want to share some tips on how to start your journey on overcoming sinful habits. Of course it isn’t going to be easy, especially when we have become in love with it. With the Lord’s help, it is possible!
1. Prayer. It all starts with the desire to change. You also can’t make a change on your own! You need your heavenly Father’s help (1 Corinthians 10:12-13)!
2. Scripture. Look into God’s Word and see what it says about your particular sin. Memorize a verse and the next time you are tempted, recite it (Matthew 4:1-11)! My personal favorite is Galatians 2:20.
3. Flee! The Bible says to run in another direction when faced with temptation (James 4:7-8). There is always a way out; you just have to want it. In the heat of the moment, it’s easy to give in, but I encourage you to capture your thoughts and fix them on Jesus. Take a step back and resist the temptation (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)!
Thank you for being here for part two. Remember, you can’t do this; you need God’s help! It is by His wounds we are healed (Isaiah 53:5).
0 comments on “By His Wounds We Are Healed: Habitual Sin”